This article serves as both a directory listing of known Carteret County child custody lawyers in NC from Beaufort, Morehead City, and Newport, and as a discussion forum for questions we have about child custody cases in the county.
Please use the comment system at the end of this article if you are interested in joining the conversation. Additionally, if you are a lawyer in Beaufort, Morehead City, or Newport and we overlooked you as a child custody attorney, please use our contact form and we will be happy to add you.
Furthermore, again using the comment system below, we will publish only publish positive reviews of attorneys in the community practicing in this area and feel it best to let your silence be the best negative review or recommendation.
Readers are encouraged to share this document on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook so that others can learn more about this custody resource.
Lastly, please review our disclaimer at the end of this article.
Directions and GPS Navigation To The Carteret County Courthouse:
- Kimberly Farias with Farias Law PLLC – 4050 Arendell Street, Suite G, Morehead City, NC – (252) 222-4802
- Debbie Massie with Wheatly Wheatly Weeks Lupton & Massie, P.A. – 710 Cedar St, Beaufort NC – (252) 728-3158
- Gib Irons with Irons & Irons P.A. – (252) 215-3000.
- Andrew Wigmore – 214 Pollock St, Beaufort NC – (252) 838-9104
- Erin Enecks with Enecks and Enecks, PLLC – 801 Arendell Street, Suite 4, Morehead City, NC – 252-222-0216
- Carolyn Barnett Brady with Kirkman, Whitford, Brady, Berryman & Gordon, P.A. – 710 Arendell Street, Suite 105, Morehead City, NC – 252-726-8411
- Walter Kistler with The Kistler Law Firm PLLC – 1210 Arendell Street, Suite B, Morehead City, NC – (252) 499-9839
- Amanda W. Stoufflet with Harvell and Collins, P.A. – 1107 Bridges Street, Morehead City, NC – (252) 726-9050
- David Ball with Gerrans, Dawson & Ball, PA – 301 Commerce Avenue, Suite 101, Morehead City, NC – (252) 773-0015
- Deborah Van Dyken – 106 C Professional Park Dr, Beaufort, NC – (252) 504-6262
- Jessie Corwin with Corwin Law Firm, PLLC – 209 N. 35th Street, Suite B4, Morehead City, NC – (252) 444-1888.
We realize that every child custody (and divorce) case is different, and that some resolve themselves between parents outside of court via consent agreements, while in mediation, or via the courts. In your case, how long from start to finish did your case get settled? Did it get settled via a consent agreement outside court, in mediation, or via a ruling by a judge?
What is the average cost in Carteret County to retain an attorney in this practice area?
Perhaps incorrectly, but we understand that all custody matters in the county have to go through mediation before a judge decides permanency in these types of cases unless there is a situation where putting two parents in the same room would be dangerous as in the case of domestic violence, harassment, or other type of abuse. Is our assessment correct?
If you went through mediation, did it help resolve your case?
We understand that custody cases can be very difficult for some children, what types of programs or procedures are in place within the Carteret County courts to shield children from high conflict cases? Are there any lawyers in the community that deal directly in the area of lessening conflict for the children involved?
Does the modern family court system still revolve around custodial parents versus non-custodial parents, each having very different roles, or are the courts moving more towards shared parenting?
This article is not meant as legal advise, nor should you consider any information within the article or comments to be competent legal advice from a licensed attorney. This organization is not a law firm, nor is it being written by an attorney.
The sole purpose of this article is for information only, and to list Carteret County lawyers that deal in child custody cases.
Finally, the order of attorneys listed above is simply random and does not indicate our recommendations or positive reviews.