When considering Carteret County website design for NC business growth on the Internet, it’s important to remember that your product and services are no longer bound by county lines. Your competitors 70+ miles away are no longer bound by overwhelming marketing costs in each geographical market to build relationships with consumers locally. If you are going to be successful on the Internet, or want to grow your business in to new markets, then here are some things to consider when hiring someone to do website design in Carteret County NC.
Use the comment form at the bottom to ask questions and consider sharing this article on popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter so that others in the county can learn more about web design and ask questions.
- The person or company that builds your business website (or rebuilds it) should also have the skills to consider how your website is found on the Internet. It does not matter how pretty your website is if nobody is finding it online when they search for your products and services.
- If the company that builds your website can not explain to you why structured data, data highlighting, and accelerated mobile pages are important in the business development process, or has no idea how to implement it, then your competitors who do have these features built in to their sites have a much better chance of being found on a Internet search.
- If you are a Carteret County business that has a product that can be shipped, how easy is it going to be to build ecommerce in when you are ready to take advantage of this technology?
- If you are primarily a local business, does a Internet search of your products and services show up prominently in the search results for every community in Carteret County NC? If you are a regional business, does it show up regionally and in every market within that region?
- What does each page on your website look like when it is shared on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and others? When shared, is there a image that catches people’s eyes and are the titles actionable and relevant? It is important to remember that web design and development is directly related to social media today. These two concepts are not separate.
- Is your business website easy to navigate, fast to load, and fits on the screen of any device it is viewed on? If not, many search engines will consider your site ineffective and display searched results for your business farther back in the list of results it found.
- If your business website is built on a content management system like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla, is there a plan in place to maintain updates to these platforms? If not, then unapplied security updates and maintenance updates to the source code will eventually get your site hit with malware or hacked.
Other Concepts To Keep In Mind For Business Web Design
- Your designer must also have the skills of a developer, and understand that your business website is just one tool in the suite of Internet marketing. This means that your site has a direct relationship to content marketing, media marketing, and advertising.
- Is the person or company building your site ready to train you on how to use your website for advanced marketing purposes? Do you know how to add new content to website? Do you know how to add new products to the ecommerce section of your portal?
- Are analytics built in to your ecommerce site or business site that can give you information on how people made it to your site, what they searched for to make it there, how long they stayed, what they clicked on, and what they searched for once on your site? If not, how do you know what needs are, or are not being met for your customers?
On a final note…
Our county is very much a tourism dependent area, making it a target for businesses all over the world wanting to capture leads in our area. If they are using advanced design and marketing concepts while your site isn’t, then we have concerns about your success on the Internet.
With this in mind, we believe that any Carteret County website design company should have a vested interest in businesses locally instead of serving companies regionally or globally.