Subscription to comments, comment additions, and discussions below the article.
January 31, 2020 News
The Morehead City Fire Department, along with EMS and a hazardous materials team responded to Carteret Community College today after a chemical spill.
According to reports, boxes of acid were disposed of in an improper way causing a spill which produced a vapor cloud. No students were present or exposed to the acid, but one instructor was taken to the hospital.
The Cherry Point team, along with local fire then cleaned up the area and disposed of the remaining acid.