(Carteret County NC 2018): Sheriff Asa Buck in Carteret County NC has announced that Operation East to West has nabbed his department 14 drug arrest in August of 2018. Authorities report that this operation was a year long effort in coordination with the Havelock Police Department and Morehead City Police Department.
Those arrested include:
- Michael Leland Coffey, 51, Newport, NC
- Harriette Carmen Borden, 33, Newport, NC
- Savannah Paige Fletcher, 24, Beaufort, NC
- Creedance Samantha-Carol Creech, 28, Beaufort, NC
- William Larry Garner, 26, Beaufort, NC
- Roger Walter Foster, Jr., 53, Newport, NC
- Kendra Leighman Lewis, 25, Stacy, NC
- Jordan Tyler Hayes, 31, Newport, NC
- Dorico Jonique Scott, 41, Morehead City, NC
- Bailey Rae Russell, 20, Emerald Isle, NC
- Stephanie Lynette McCleveland, 38, Atlantic Beach, NC
- Jimmy Velazquez, 40, Beaufort, NC
- Zachary Charles Stephens, 25, New Bern, NC
- Marquise Devonte Simmons, 25, Maysville, NC
Bond amounts ranged from $5,000 to $500,000 depending on the number of arrest and nature of the charges.
Charges included in this roundup include possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and deliver methamphetamine, selling methamphetamine, and deliver methamphetamine, possession with the intent to sell and deliver cocaine, sell cocaine, deliver cocaine, possession, sell and deliver a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a park, trafficking opium or heroin and one count each of conspiracy to traffic opium or heroin, and maintaining a vehicle that was used for keeping and selling a controlled substance, and misdemeanor child abuse and one count each of possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and deliver methamphetamine, possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a schedule IV controlled substance, sell a schedule IV controlled substance, deliver a schedule IV controlled substance, manufacture a schedule IV controlled substance, manufacture a schedule I controlled substance
“These are significant arrests of drug dealers who have been trafficking and dealing dangerous and deadly drugs to our citizens here in Carteret County” – Sheriff Asa Buck
Sheriff Asa Buck is also on record stating that information derived from Operation East to West will likely lead to more arrest. No comment was given from officials with the Morehead City Police Department or Havelock Police Department.
All individuals charged and arrested in this drug operation are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, or until each accepts a plea deal.